I find it most concerning how little regard people have for preserving our environment. What we do today will affect our tomorrow! This article by Susan Ward, from www.about.com sums it up showing how EASY it is to make small changes that could have a huge impact on our future. These steps can also be used at home which will enable you to not only help the environment but save you money too!
5 Easy Ways Your Business Can Go Green
Green Business is good for the Bottom Line
Go green by:
- Turning off equipment when it’s not being used. This can reduce the energy used by 25 percent; turning off the computers at the end of the day can save an additional 50 percent.
- Encouraging communications by email and reading email messages onscreen to determine whether itâ€™s necessary to print them. If it’s not, don’t!
- Reducing fax-related paper waste by using a fax-modem and by using a fax cover sheet only when necessary. Fax-modems allow documents to be sent directly from a computer, without requiring a printed hard copy.
- Producing double-sided documents whenever possible.
- Not leaving taps dripping; always close them tightly after use. (One drop wasted per second wastes 10,000 litres per year.)
A Green Business Starts With Small Steps
Environmentally friendly actions don’t have to be large to have an impact. Consistently reducing the amount of energy, water, and paper our businesses use can make a huge difference, both to the environment and to our pocketbooks. How much paper would you save over the course of a year, for instance, if you always ran double sided copies? A small easy way to go green – but a big result!
By Brad Porter